Inward Ministry at Third Presbyterian Church consists of the ways we minister to our faith family. This ministry is divided into two main areas – Congregational Care and Christian Nurture.
“Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood”- Acts 20:28
This area of ministry involves how we care for the members of our faith family and includes:
- Visits to homes, nursing homes, and hospitals.
- Providing meals and other assistance when needed.
- Hosting receptions after a funeral service
- Gifts and cards to mark special occasions such as births, graduations, etc.
- The card ministry
- Gifts to our shut-ins and college students for the holidays.
This area of ministry involves the ways we seek to provide for the spiritual growth of our faith family and includes
- Sunday school classes for adults every Sunday morning at 9:15.
- Sunday school for children one Sunday a month at 12:15.
- A Bible study group that meets every Wednesday evening at 6:00.
- Men’s and Women’s Bible studies that meet at various times throughout the year.
- Various fellowship events throughout the year